Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tuesday, An Epic Saga In Bullet Points

- Picked up Avery yesterday afternoon, Lizzy said she refused to take a nap (but she seemed to be happy/fine)
- As soon as we walked out the door, she ran down the street and I had to chase after her and force her into the car, kicking and screaming for Lizzy
- She cried all the way home, saying irrational things like, "Mommy, you have a pink phone? NO MOMMY, NO. YOU WANT A BLACK PHONE. WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH"  (of course this is happening while I am  on speakerphone with the bank, so they can hear everything)
- We got home, and she refused to come into the house so I left her standing in the garage and went upstairs until I could hear her crying, then went back down to drag her inside (Josh was at school)
- Made her dinner, which she ate about 1/3 of and threw the rest on the floor. I told her she was done and took it away. She screamed and wailed hysterically, "I WANT MY BREAKFAAAAAAAST  WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
- Cried while I brushed her teeth
- Cried while I took out her braids
- Cried while I got her undressed
- Cried while I put a bag on her cast
- Ran and hid while I got her bathwater ready
- Cried the entire length of her bath
- Cried while I toweled her off
- Cried while I put lotion on her
- Cried while I put a diaper on her
- Cried while I put her pajamas on
- Told me "NO" when I asked her if she wanted to read the bunny book. So I told her to pick out a book. And she picked the bunny book.
- Finally got her down, and I got myself into bed immediately because I can't get rid of this cold/cough, and can't take my normal Nyquil cocktail due to pregnancy

- Spent the whole morning listening to, "NO DADDY, MOMMY FEED ME CEREAL.... MOMMY BRUSH MY TEETH. MOMMY CHANGE MY DIAPER" etc, etc intermixed with tears because she only wants me and not him
- She refused to come downstairs to get in the car, so Josh and I went down to the garage until she started crying, then he went and got her and put her into my car kicking and screaming
- She opened her lunch in the car as I was driving, ate half a baggie of goldfish crackers, then took a bite out of an orange (WHY??), peel and all, and started gagging and choking
- As I pulled the car over she threw up three times, all over herself, her carseat and her lunch
- I climbed into the backseat and started mopping up the oatmeal-and-goldfish-cracker puke with baby wipes while fighting my own morning sickness nausea as she screamed/cried/freaked out that she was covered in vomit

- Got out my new phone to call Lizzy, only to discover that Josh does not have Lizzy's number in the contacts (you have got to be kidding me)
- Started bawling my eyes out
- Called Josh (hysterical) and gave him an earful for not having her number in his contacts
- Called my friend Nikki to get Lizzy's number to see if Lizzy had a change of clothes for Avery, or if I was going to need to go back home
- Nikki didn't pick up, so I headed to Lizzy's

- Finally got a hold of Nikki, and then Lizzy, who tells me that she has no clothes for Avery
- Called my boss and left a rambling, tearful, incomprehensible voicemail about how I have to go buy clothes because Avery threw up all over my car (which just got vacuumed yesterday) and am going to be late
- Called Josh back to tell him that I don't know how to use Siri (as I have only had the phone for one day) and he needs to find me a stupid* nearby Target that is open at 8:15 am (*I may or may not have used words other than "stupid")
- Drove to Target in Garden Grove to buy a shirt

- Cleaned the streaks of mascara off of my face with more baby wipes
- Dropped Avery off at Lizzy's (who was rather pleased with herself, and shouted, "Look Lizzy! I have a new outfit!" as I sauntered after her with her lunchbag and a tear-stained face)
- Got to work an hour late, and the first person I saw was my boss, who says, "Are you OK?" (I found out he had not yet gotten my voicemail message so I had to explain the whole story again while fighting back tears)
- Went to break room to wash out vomit-covered shirt and asked myself why I thought it would be a good idea to have two kids when I can't even handle one

- Hung Avery's wet shirt over my file cabinet, plopped down at my desk and discovered what it feels like to be completely exhausted by 9:00 am



No comments:

Post a Comment