Saturday, July 5, 2014

Fourth of July

First year in many that I have missed the parade!  Something was going on with my eye, (Maybe scratched cornea? No one could figure it out...) so Josh dropped me off at the ER on his way to the parade.  

Meanwhile...




Camden slept through most of the parade last year, so this year was much more exciting for him. Everyone said that he was mesmerized by the firetrucks, tractors, and horses going by.  And most of all, loved his little American flag and was waving it like crazy! When Josh and the kids came to pick me up from the hospital, I handed Camden a string cheese in the backseat. A minute later I turned around and saw that he had taken one bite and then passed out. Poor boy! Lots of activity for him.


After the kids napped, my mom's siblings came over to celebrate her birthday and enjoy the pool for a little while.




We even snuck in a few fireworks...







At the end of the night, we took Avery across the street for real fireworks. Our neighbors let us borrow their backyard to enjoy their fantastic view of Tustin, Santa Ana, Huntington Beach, Long Beach, Orange, and Anaheim. We saw hundreds of fireworks, including the Angels Stadium show and the Disneyland show. Although Camden was sound asleep by that time, Avery watched the fireworks for a long time and had an all-around spectacular day.


No comments:

Post a Comment