Friday, December 14, 2012

Santa Visit & Christmas Program

On Avery's birthday we got to have a visit with Santa. Avery was very excited, and we talked about it for days and days before the event.  I asked her a few weeks back what she wanted Santa to bring her for Christmas, and she said, "Rapunzel backpack, Cinderella toys with a prince, and a Strawberry Shortcake jacket." So we had regularly been rehearsing this response so that she would be ready to tell Santa when she got on his lap. 

I'm sure you can guess what happened. She froze in complete fear, gripped onto her ear (for security?) and didn't say a word, leaving me to quickly give Santa the run-down of her wish list before her turn was up. 


Better luck next year I guess. (Although I'm certain I said that last year as well....)

Tonight was Avery's Christmas Program at school. After the dance recital earlier this year and the Santa visit last weekend, I decided not to get my hopes up that she would "perform." But I was secretly wishing she would prove me wrong.





....Better luck next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment