Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Best Laid Plans...


It's been a while since I showed Avery off at work, so I took her to my office this week for a visit.

Here's how it went in my mind on the ride over there:
1. She behaved and smiled
2. She said words and performed tricks on cue
3. She let everyone hold her and hug her and was a perfect angel
4. Everyone loved her and went on and on about how cute she was

Here's how it went in reality:
1. Each time we turned a corner in the hallway, she took off running in the direction opposite of where I asked her to go
2. She made a pouty face, didn't smile, and suddenly became mute
3. She looked at me like I had 3 heads every time I asked her to say any word that she knows and says all the time
4. She dug her nails into me and started screaming and shaking her head "no" every time anyone reached out to hold her or hug her
5. She had stinky, audible gas
6. My coworkers were nice and said she was cute anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment