Sunday, July 24, 2011

Firetrucks

It seems that Avery has developed quite an obsession with trucks lately, and especially firetrucks. If we are driving in the car or walking outside and she happens to see a truck coming our way, she will start shouting "CUCK!!!" at the top of her lungs. (Or if we are VERY lucky and we see a firetruck, she will scream, "GA-CUCK!"). And once it passes, she will wave and say "Bye bye, cuck!"

She was the proud recipient of this new firetruck this afternoon after being very well-behaved on our errands.



She loves the buttons that make the lights flash and the sirens wail.
Six bucks well spent.



"Bye bye, ga-cuck!"


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And since it is Sunday evening, I thought I would share what the close of my weekend always looks like:


Cooking, dividing up, cooling, and packing Avery's lunches for the week. It's one of the few Suzy Homemaker-y things that I actually do regularly.  I guess I just find it funny that I am so consistent with preparing good foods for her, yet I always find myself scrounging in the morning to pack a lunch for myself. (One day last week my lunch was 2 Hawaiian rolls, a bag of cherry tomatoes, string cheese, and a bag of Triscuits. Sad. And that's actually one of the more normal combinations I have thrown together). I'm not sure why I haven't figured out yet that I can just use bigger pots and make food for all of us for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment